Tobi Millrood is a partner at the firm of Pogust Millrood, LLC, with offices in suburban Philadelphia, PA.
Mr. Millrood brings 25 years of complex litigation experience, with a focus on pharmaceutical and medical device litigation. Through his tireless dedication and careful attention to his client’s cases, Mr. Millrood has earned the accolades of his peers, clients, and Courts.
The first to file a Hormone Therapy lawsuit in the nation in 2002, Mr. Millrood dedicated the next twelve years to the litigation. Mr. Millrood served as Plaintiffs’ Lead Liaison Counsel in In Re Hormone Therapy Litigation, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas. He was also on the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in MDL 1507 – In Re Prempro Products Liability and was Chair of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) Hormone Therapy Litigation Group. Mr. Millrood tried four Hormone Therapy cases, obtaining jury verdicts for the Plaintiffs in all four, including verdicts in November, 2009 for $34.3 million and December 2011 for $72.6 million. Mr. Millrood also played an integral role in major appellate victories in the litigation, ranging from the state courts of Pennsylvania and Minnesota, to the Eighth Circuit.
Mr. Millrood has served in numerous Court-appointed leadership positions in other pharmaceutical and medical device litigations. Most recently, he was appointed by Hon. F. Dennis Saylor as Co-Lead Counsel in In re Zofran (Ondansetron) Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2657 and by Hon. Rebecca Pallmeyer as Co-Lead Counsel in In re Zimmer Nexgen Knee Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2272. He was also appointed Co-Lead in the Pennsylvania Opioid Litigation, Del. Cty. vs Purdue Pharma, et al. In addition, he has served in other Court-appointed leadership positions, including the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committees of In re Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Stem and ABG Modular Hip Litigation, Bergen County, NJ (also Discovery Chair) and In re Consolidated Fresenius Cases – Superior Ct. Mass. (also Discovery Chair). Mr. Millrood speaks frequently at various seminars, on the topics of Mass Tort Litigation, Expert Witnesses, Direct and Cross-Examination, the Ethics of Settling Mass Tort Cases, Trial Strategies and Electronic Discovery.
Earlier in his career, Mr. Millrood garnered several notable achievements, including serving as co-counsel in a $22 million medical malpractice verdict in Wallace v. Fraider (Phila. CCP Mar. 2001), one of the highest in state history.
Mr. Millrood is President of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) for 2020-21. He also is a member of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice (PAJ) Board of Governors, as well as the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers (PTLA) Board of Directors. He is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, the District of New Jersey, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the Court of Federal Claims and the Third Circuit.
Mr. Millrood resides in suburban Philadelphia with his wife and three sons.
President – American Association for Justice 2020-21
- 1992 – Bachelor of Arts, Tulane University
- 1995 – Juris Doctorate, University of Tulsa College of Law
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- The Lawyers’ Club of Philadelphia
- Supreme Court of New Jersey (1996)
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (1996)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania (1996)
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey (1996)
- United States District Court, District of Nebraska (2004)
- United States, Federal Court of Claims (2003)
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit (1998)
Awards & Recognitions
- 2009 – 2020 Consecutively – Pennsylvania Super Lawyer (Mass Tort and Pharmaceutical Liability)
- 2009 – Product Liability Law Firm of the Year, Law360
- Plaintiffs’ Lead Liaison Counsel: In re Hormone Therapy – Philadelphia, PA
- Plaintiffs’ Co-Lead Counsel: In re Zimmer NexGen Knee Products Liability – MDL 2272
- Plaintiffs’ PSC: In re Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Stem Lit.– Bergen Cty, NJ
- Plaintiffs’ PSC: In re Consolidated Fresenius Cases – Superior Ct. Mass.
Partner, Pogust Millrood, LLC:
- 2009 Product Liability Law Firm of the Year, Law360
Plaintiffs’ Co-Lead Counsel:
- In re Opioid Pennsylvania Litigation – Del. Cty, PA
- In re Zofran (Ondansetron) Prodcuts Liability – MDL 2657
- In re Zimmer NexGen Knee Products Liability – MDL 2272
Plaintiffs’ Lead Liaison Counsel:
- In re Hormone Therapy – Philadelphia, PA
- In re Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Stem Lit.– Bergen Cty, NJ
- In re Consolidated Fresenius Cases – Superior Ct. Mass.