Tobi Millrood is a partner at the firm of Pogust Millrood in suburban Philadelphia, PA.
Tobi Millrood brings 18 years of complex litigation experience, with a focus on pharmaceutical and medical device litigation. Through his tireless dedication and careful attention to his client’s cases, Mr. Millrood has earned the accolades of his peers, clients, and Courts.
The first to file a Hormone Therapy lawsuit in the nation, Mr. Millrood dedicated the last ten years to the litigation. Mr. Millrood currently serves as Plaintiffs’ Liaison Counsel in In Re Hormone Therapy Litigation, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas. He is also on the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in MDL 1507 – In Re Prempro Products Liability and is Chair of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) Hormone Therapy Litigation Group. Mr. Millrood has tried three Hormone Therapy cases, obtaining jury verdicts in all four, including verdicts in November, 2009 for $34.3 million and December 2011 for $72.6 million.
Mr. Millrood has served in numerous Court-appointed leadership positions in other pharmaceutical litigations. Most recently, he was appointed by Hon. Rebecca Pallmeyer as Co-Lead Counsel in In re Zimmer Nexgen Knee Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2272. In addition, he currently serves in Court-appointed leadership positions, including the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committees of In re Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Stem and ABG Modular Hip Litigation, Bergen County, NJ (also Discovery Chair) and In re Consolidated Fresenius Cases – Superior Ct. Mass. (also Discovery Chair). In addition, in the past he served in similar capacities on Plaintiffs’ Steering Committees, namely Gadolinium-Based Contrast Agents Product Liability Litigation MDL and In re: Guidant Corp Implantable Defibrillators Products Liability Litigation. He was also Court-appointed to the Executive Committee of MDL 1481, In re Meridia Products Liability Litigation. Mr. Millrood speaks frequently at various seminars, on the topics of Mass Tort Litigation, Hormone Therapy, Granuflo, Stryker Rejuvenate, Metal-on-Metal Hips, Zimmer Knees, the Ethics of Settling Mass Tort Cases, Trial Strategies and Electronic Discovery.
Earlier in his career, Mr. Millrood garnered several notable achievements, including serving as co-counsel in a $22 million medical malpractice verdict in Wallace v. Fraider (Phila. CCP Mar. 2001), one of the highest in state history.
Mr. Millrood is a current member of both the American Association for Justice (AAJ) and Pennsylvania Association for Justice (PAJ) Board of Governors. He was elected by the AAJ Board of Governors to the AAJ Executive Committee. He is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, the District of New Jersey, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the Court of Federal Claims and the Third Circuit.
Mr. Millrood resides in suburban Philadelphia with his wife and three sons.
- 1992 – Bachelor of Arts, Tulane University
- 1995 – Juris Doctorate, University of Tulsa College of Law
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- The Lawyers’ Club of Philadelphia
- Supreme Court of New Jersey (1996)
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (1996)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania (1996)
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey (1996)
- United States District Court, District of Nebraska (2004)
- United States, Federal Court of Claims (2003)
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit (1998)
Awards & Recognitions
- 2009 – 2016 – Pennsylvania Super Lawyer (Mass Tort and Pharmaceutical Liability)
- 2009 – Product Liability Law Firm of the Year, Law360
- Plaintiffs’ Lead Liaison Counsel: In re Hormone Therapy – Philadelphia, PA
- Plaintiffs’ Co-Lead Counsel: In re Zimmer NexGen Knee Products Liability – MDL 2272
- Plaintiffs’ PSC: In re Stryker Rejuvenate Hip Stem Lit.– Bergen Cty, NJ
- Plaintiffs’ PSC: In re Consolidated Fresenius Cases – Superior Ct. Mass.