Could your prescription medications kill you? Unfortunately, doctors and pharmacists commit medical malpractice when they prescribe or distribute inappropriate medication, causing severe reactions or death.
There are many ways in which a doctor or pharmacist can make mistakes with a patient’s prescription, including:
- Failing to notify a patient of possible side-effects
- Prescribing medication that is harmful when taken with or contraindicated because of the patient’s other medications
- Prescribing an inappropriate dosage of medication
- Prescribing the wrong medication
- Failing to follow up with and monitor a patient’s condition while taking certain medication
- Dispensing (giving out) the wrong medicine
- Supplying the incorrect dosage of medicine to a patient
At Pogust Millrood, we recognize that doctors and pharmacists are under an obligation to protect you and help you feel better. This means getting a full list of your medications, prescribing the right medicine at the appropriate dosage, and filling the prescription properly.
When a doctor does not properly prescribe a medication, or a pharmacist incorrectly fills a prescription, the doctor or pharmacist is negligent. We regularly represent patients in claims that arise because a doctor or pharmacist’s negligence caused their condition to worsen or resulted in the patient’s premature death.
We thoroughly investigate every claim so our clients are assured that we will determine who was responsible, and obtain compensation for their pain and suffering and other injuries.
When you need an attorney who will protect you and handle your medication or prescription errors medical malpractice claim, you should immediately contact the attorneys at Pogust Millrood. Just fill out our contact form or call us at (610) 941-4204.
Take the first step toward protecting yourself and the ones you love by contacting us immediately.