Harris L. Pogust is a partner of Pogust Millrood LLC. Over twenty years of experience in working as lead counsel in class action mass tort litigation.
Harris L. Pogust is a partner of Pogust Millrood LLC, and has spent his career representing people who have been injured not only by the negligence of others, but also by the greed and intentional actions of large corporations across the country, including software companies, manufacturing companies, and pharmaceutical companies, as well as the federal government.
For over twenty-five years, Harris has been litigating, bringing to trial, and settling claims on behalf of his injured clients, and has over twenty years of experience in working as lead counsel in class action suits, state court mass tort programs, and federal, multi-district litigation programs. Currently, Harris has served as lead counsel in In re Celexa and Lexapro Products Liability Litigation, E.D. Mo., MDL No. 1736, liaison counsel in In re Paxil, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, No. 1503, and is also representing thousands of African-American farmers in discriminatory lending claims against the United States Department of Agriculture (“USDA”).
- 1985 – Bachelor of Arts, Rutgers University
- 1988 – Juris Doctorate, Widener University School of Law
- Pennsylvania Association of Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (1988)
- Supreme Court of New Jersey (1989)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania (1989)
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey (1994)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York (2005)
- United States District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas (2006)
- United States District Court, District of Columbia (2007)
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit (2002)
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit (1995)
Awards & Recognitions
- 2012-2016 – Pennsylvania Super Lawyer
- New Jersey Law Journal, “Top 40 lawyers Under the Age of 40”
- Quoted in the Wall Street Journal and other national publications
- Testified before the United States Senate on two occasions regarding Y2K and technology related legal issues
- Former Chairman of American Association for Justice’s Neurontin Litigation Group and SSRI Litigation Group
- Guest lecturer at numerous legal conferences across the country
- Served as lead counsel in the following class action litigations:
- Courtney v. Medical Manager (software defect)
- Harman v. Rohm & Haas (environmental injury from landfill waste)
- Kiser v. PalmOne, Inc. (defective cell phones)
- Interim Co-Lead Counsel in Beucler v. CPG International Inc.
- Class Counsel in the landmark Pigford II litigation which resulted in a $1.2 billion dollar settlement with the USDA